- Your pores will be bare after your wax, so it is very important that you are taking the proper care for
the skin to avoid any irritation or infections.
- Clean luffas are to be used on the skin and should be exchanged every month to avoid bacteria from
harboring. If you are using an old luffa, you are putting bacteria back on the skin, which will block oil
from being released which will cause ingrown hairs. Replace these every 3 months.
- Your skin may feel dry and sore, this is normal as waxing will exfoliate the top layer of skin, we
highly recommend after waxing to go home and shower with cool water and clean the area with
WAX Tea Tree and Lemon wash to rebalance the skins PH and clear surface bacteria.
- If you suffer from ingrown hairs we have products and services that can help with these issues, ask
your Waxpert™ what the best product is for your concern.
- South Beach Ingrown Prevention Pads should be used every day after the shower, this is a VERY important step, as our body wash
and luffa clean the top of the skin, South Beach Ingrown Prevention Pads will disinfect underneath where bacteria/oil will get stuck, which can be very painful and can take a long time to heal.
- Keeping the skin hydrating will keep the skin balanced and prevents ingrown hairs and irritations
- Avoid shaving between waxes, shaving causes the hairs to become very course and can be difficult
to wax, not to mention its more painful.
KEEP IN MIND: Soaps and shower gels purchased at the drug stores are full of chemicals, scents and
fillers that will clog the pores and cause a reaction. The starter kit will prevent any skin irritations, and get
your skin on the right track for healthy skin.
After waxing an area the pores are open and very susceptible to bacteria getting in the clean pores.
Simple things such as sweating, working out, climate change, sex, hot tubs, tanning or swimming within
24 hours after your wax can cause these pesky red bumps. If you don’t regularly wax, sometimes after
your first wax (or first wax after several months or years) your skin can react as it’s been stressed with a
procedure that it doesn’t recognize.
Our staff is trained to ensure that you as a customer feel minimal discomfort during your waxing session.
All of our waxing techniques are performed by hand-picked, fully qualified and very talented Waxperts™